We will watch as hundreds of Little Penguins return to their nests after sunset in groups, making their way up the beach. We will get within 50cm of these amazing sea birds as they return from feeding and catching pilchards, octopus and shrimp in the Antarctic Ocean, some taking them home to feed their family.
Our friendly Aussie staff will guide you over the sand dunes, soaking up the late summer sun and ensuring you get the REAL experience of Aussie life on the island!
TYPICAL TRIP INCLUDES:
- All transport – The island is about 2 hours away
- Coastal walk along Cape Woolamai
- Sand dunes and beach time
- Visit to the Nobbies
- Entry fees to Penguins
- Lunch or Dinner (depending on the season!)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Something for swimming and exploring (bathers, towel, good shoes etc)
- Things for hot weather (sunscreen, hat, water bottle, sunnies etc)
- Stuff to keep warm and dry (rain jacket, jumper etc)
- Any other gear you need (camera, music, snacks etc)
September 8, 2018
8:00 am - 10:00 pm